3-Minute Research Video for £3,000
8 March 2018
We’d like to invite postgrad students at The University of Manchester to submit a (maximum) three-minute video telling us about your research and how this might fit into the N8 AgriFood programme. The winner will be awarded a £3,000 travel grant and the runner up a £500 travel grant.
The final deadline for applications will be either Monday 16 April or after 25 submissions have been received – whichever comes first.
Videos will be marked against the following criteria and should be pitched at the level of an educated layperson:
- Potential impact (societal/environmental/economic/academic)
- Relevance to the N8 AgriFood programme
Terms and Conditions:
- All applicants must be current postgraduate students at The University of Manchester and be able to use the travel grant while still studying here
- Awards will only be made subject to a minimum number of 12 applicants
- We will expect the winner to submit a further 3-minute video showing how they used the travel grant after the event(s)
- We will expect the winner and runner up to attend and present posters at our annual networking day (15 May) here in Manchester and at the next annual N8 AgriFood Conference (to be held in Liverpool on the 13 and 14 June). We will cover all associated expenses for these
- The videos from the winner and runner up will be published on the internet and in other marketing material
Videos can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to Alison Fletcher, C39, Sackville Street Building.